Literary Map ("Literary Map", "we", "us", "our") is committed to maintaining privacy protections for its users.
information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Services (as defined
in our Terms of Service).
you consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect and store the following information:
Account Information. If you sign in to Literary Map, you must provide us your email address. If you connect to the Services using credentials from a Third Party Application
(e.g., Google Sign In and as defined in the Terms of Service)
you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your email address, encrypted access
credentials and profile information.
To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you
to provide us
voluntarily with some additional information in your profile that will be publicly visible on our Services, such
as username, profile pictures,
short biography, a name or other useful identifying information.
Payment Information. We use Stripe to process payments for any purchase or subscription of our products and/or services.
If you purchase or subscribe to any of our products and/or services, you will be required to provide any information
Stripe requires to process the payment, such as personal information related to payments and billing (for example
surname, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address or billing address), as well as card or bank details
. We do not store personal information related to payments and billing, card details or bank details.
We collect transaction details
from the payment gateway provider only.
Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our Services. For
example, we may collect information about how you interact with the Services, other users and Third Party Applications;
click on links, search queries you submit, people
you follow, content you comment, like or share.
We collect your User Content (as defined in the Terms of
Service) that you post,
upload and/or contribute to the Services, and information about your User Content, such as if the recipient has
viewed the content and the
metadata that is provided with the content.
We may collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version,
unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile
Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device's camera and photos.
We will not access your photos or camera without first getting your explicit permission and we will never scan or
import your photo library or camera roll. If you give us permission to access photos or your camera, we will only
that you specifically choose to share with us.
Location Information. When you use our services we may collect general information about your location.
With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS,
wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and
(small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers) to collect
- Verify your account and determine when you’re logged in so we can make it easier for you to access the
- Store user's preferences, to show you the appropriate experience and features and to help provide you with
content relevant to your locale;
- Collect information when you interact with services we offer through our partners;
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default.
If you prefer, you can usually remove or reject browser cookies through the settings on your browser or device.
Keep in mind, though,
that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
Literary Map may use both persistent and session cookies; persistent cookies remain on your computer after you
your session and until you delete them, while session cookies expire when you close your browser.
Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our Services. That information
includes, among other things:
- details about how you have used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language or platform types;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies that may uniquely identify your device or browser;
Additional Information. If you email us or communicate with us in any other way, we'll collect
whatever information you volunteer (your message, email address or contact information).
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information to:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and Services;
- communicate with you; for example, to send you information about our Services, to contact you in response to
provide technical support, and inform you about promotional offers, to market to you, to help prevent spam,
fraud, or abuse;
- help others find your account, including through third-party services and client applications;
- monitor and analyze trends and usage patterns, including your interaction with applications,
products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Services;
- to provide you with features, information, or other content which is influenced by your
location or usage patterns;
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services;
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- use information we have collected from cookies to enhance the services and your
experience with them;
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information so that you can
app and view content faster.
4. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
With specific audiences within Literary Map:
- Private content is not shared.
With all public, inside or outside Literary Map:
- Information about you; such as your name, username, profile picture, who you follow, who follows you, and
your user profile
will always be publicly available.
- Information about how you have interacted with the Services (e.g., when you follow someone, send, like or
and User Content you post, upload, and/or contribute to the Services are made publicly available.
With Third Parties:
- We may share information about you with service providers (in United States and other countries) who perform
services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through
our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality. For example, provide access to
user's email address for purposes
of manage your authentication to the Services or sending emails from us; or provide information to analytics providers to help us
understand the use of our Services. We may share this
information with such service providers subject to obligations consistent with this Privacy
Policy and any other
appropriate confidentiality and security measures, and on the condition that the Third Parties use the information
our behalf and pursuant to our instructions.
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others;
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- In the event we undergo a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy,
or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be among the assets transferred. You
acknowledge and consent that such
to process your
5. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
Your account is protected by your account password, email access link or associate account and we urge you
to take steps to keep your personal information
safe by not
disclosing any password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information
security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures with our service providers. However,
this measure do not
guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such
technology. By using our
Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Finally you should understand that users who see the content you provide can always save it using any
techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It's also possible, as with
digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device's
Keep in mind that we can not promise that
deletion of your information will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may need to suspend those deletion
practices if we receive valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or
other Terms of Service violations. We may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time
or as required by law.
6. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. When we send a
promotional communication to a user,
the user can opt out of further promotional communications by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in
each promotional e-mail.
Please note that notwithstanding the promotional preferences you indicate, we may continue to send you
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
As part of the Services, we may provide links to other websites or applications. However, we
are not responsible
for the privacy practices employed by those websites or the information or content they contain. This Privacy
Policy applies solely to
third party website
accessed by selecting a link on our Services. To the extent that you access or use the Services through or on
another website or application,
application. We encourage our
users to read the privacy statements of other websites before proceeding to use them.
Literary Map reserves the right to change this policy and our Terms of Service at any time. Sometimes, we'll let
notice (such as adding a statement to our website homepage, providing you with an in-app notification or sending a
9. CONTACT US
Effective as of May 10, 2021